Shape it, ship it, grow it
As a product manager, you are at the very centre of a product’s base camp. You are its Houston. You make sure that we shape great products, ship great products and make our products even greater as they grow.
You do this by defining the product and its features, designing roadmaps, setting priorities, leveraging user feedback and communicating with your colleagues, the client and the users.
What aspects of their job do our product managers love most?
"Helping clients shape their product from the very beginning."
"Being involved in all product phases and with all stakeholders."
"The enormous variety of the job."
"Getting awesome user feedback."
What does a product manager at In The Pocket do?
You define successful products by:
- translating strategic goals and recommendations into tangible products and features.
- setting priorities for products and features, so we can deliver value in a short time.
- defining the tracking requirements, so the KPIs can be measured.
- communicating with your colleagues and the client and having them validate your work, to keep everyone on the same page.
You translate requirements into interfaces by:
- working together with interaction designers and visual designers. Together, you translate requirements into effective, elegant and delightful interfaces.
- understanding the best practices for product design, interaction design and interface design. You know which interfaces will be able to deliver the intended outcomes.
You represent the end-user by:
- always advocating for their needs
- guiding colleagues and clients in user-centred design, standard user behaviour and user expectations.
You deliver product success & growth by:
- closely following up with clients, project managers and the development team.
- monitoring KPIs and interesting sector evolutions on a regular basis to identify threats or opportunity areas.
- pro-actively looking beyond the next release to define a high-level product roadmap with the client
You're our perfect
- you have at least 3 years’ experience in digital product design or product management
- user-centred design, mobile usability and mobile UX have no secrets for you
- you love making sketches and high-level wireframes to express your ideas visually
- you’re comfortable explaining ideas and opinions to clients and can ensure a successful outcome
- handling several projects and different tasks at the same time is no problem for you.
- you speak Dutch and English
It would be even more awesome if you knew about:
- agile development processes
- interaction design, design thinking or service design
Apart from a stimulating job, you get:
- A range of benefits on top of your salary (duh)
- Modern offices (including ping pong tables) on a great location (Dok Noord has lots of shops too)
- A team trip every year (last year we went to Sicily!) and other fun team events
- Snacks and drinks at work (we try to keep it organic and healthy)
- Use of pool cars and bikes
- Friday lunch & learn (yes, lunch is on us) and your own personal learning budget
- A bunch of awesome colleagues that can’t wait to meet you!
Who will you be working for?
In The Pocket is a digital product studio based in Ghent. We build products that make people happy and businesses grow.