It's that time of the year again: temperature is rising, you're feeling energetic and inspired.. That only means one thing. Summer is coming and so is the third edition of In The Pocket's Summer Academy!
In The Pocket will select 13 enthusiastic graduates for a unique 4-day challenge.
Our Summer Academy is the perfect vehicle to challenge your ability to come up with creative solutions to pressing issues. Get ready to learn new skills, work with real experts, meet new people and boost your career.
What to expect of those 4 days? Work hard, play hard. At the end of the weekend, you’ll pitch your amazing idea trying to blow our jury away. Impress us and there might be a chance that we can welcome you aboard at In The Pocket, just like Pauline, Kevin, Jef and Thibault in the last years. Who knows?
'The Summer Academy gave me the chance to work on a real case that was meaningful and highly topical'
Previous years, we collaborated with Refu Interim to help political refugees obtain their first Belgian job and with VRT to come up with the best way to get young people excited about the elections. This year’s challenge is still a secret, but one thing’s sure; it will be pretty awesome.
Are you brave enough to take on this 4-day challenge?
The 4-day challenge will take place in a kick-ass villa in Ellezelles, Belgium. The 13 lucky candidates will gather at In The Pocket in Ghent and travel together to the Summer Academy mansion.
To fully grasp a complex problem and solve it efficiently is quite the challenge itself. Throughout the weekend we'll tackle the challenge in a so-called Design Sprint which finds its roots in Design Thinking. It's a way to discover and validate solutions in a few fast-paced days.
Design Thinking is divided in different stages. It starts off very broad and ends with a very concrete solution:
- Empathize: Understand your target audience.
- Define: Which specific problem will you solve?
- Explore: Come up with as many solutions as possible.
- Decide: Select the best idea.
- Prototype: Create a tangible prototype.
- Validate: Monitor your users reaction to the prototype during a test-phase.
In short, it's a toolbox for organisations to kickstart innovation.
We're looking for a bunch of young, creative and highly-motivated talents. Fields of study vary from Development & Engineering, Digital Design, Communication Sciences and Multimedia.
But most importantly you're passionate about anything digital, you graduate this year & you want to learn from the best.
Register as a candidate and start dreaming of the summer!
How does it work?
- 1/05: Register before May 1st. Show off your skills in your portfolio and motivation letter. Show off your creativity and prove you deserve your spot at the Summer Academy!
- 1/05-14/05: Get selected for an interview with our Talent Manager, Emma
- 15/05: Announcement nominees
- 11/07-14/07: Summer Academy