Groupe ADP (Aéroports de Paris) is an international airport operator based in Paris. It manages Parisian international airports Charles de Gaulle Airport, Orly Airport and Le Bourget Airport.
Groupe ADP deals with over 135 million passengers per year and wants to expand their shops and services, develop real estate and attract new airlines and logistic companies. They needed a way to visualize the existing airports in 3D, highlight the upcoming expansion of the airports and show key information about the different parts of the airports.
Visualise the airports and upcoming facilities and create a fully immersive experience for potential investors and stakeholders that can be used on fairs, conferences or promotional events.
As Groupe ADP had the need to show their infrastructure on-the-go, augmented reality is an excellent technology to show the infrastructure in an interactive way. It gives the user the ability to get an overview of the complete infrastructure, but also to zoom in on specific zones of interest.
Starting off by working in a close partnership with our client, we decided to visualize the airport with the Microsoft HoloLens.
- We created the 3D models of both airports (Charles De Gaulle and orly) in full scale and optimised them to the full potential of the Hololens
- We scaled the models and highlighted the key areas and buildings
- We designed and implemented the UI elements such as information screens and labels
A HoloLens-native application that lets the user interact with and literally walk around in holographic 3D models of the airports.
- Users can visit both Charles De Gaulle or Orly Airport
- We made it possible for users to select the right scale of the airport so they can discover it at the size of a large table or at the size of a small room.
- Users can zoom in on different areas and get detailed information about the infrastructure of each airport.
Groupe ADP now possesses a powerful tool to convince potential partners of the opportunity their airports hold.